It is believed that naming ceremonies cross most of the religious and national boundaries. Actually, these ones have their origin in the ancient times when early people supposed that the children were the special gift from the God. In the modern times, naming ceremonies have been still held in lots of the families and communities all over the world.
What do you know about a naming ceremony?
A naming ceremony is known as the celebration of the arrival of the new baby. It can also be a way to welcome a child and officially introduce him/her to his/her family and relatives. In fact, the ways to organize naming ceremonies depend on each culture and religion. However, it is supposed that these ones are suitable for everyone at any age. There will be lots of convincing reasons for holding the naming ceremony such as the arrival
A naming ceremony – a celebration of the arrival of the new baby
of the newborn baby, the adult name’s change or the adopted children.
In some religions, naming ceremonies will have the appearance of some people who have the important impact on the child’s life such as members in his family, relatives and friends. Poems or special readings can be utilized during the ceremony. These ones are also a wonderful way to welcome our baby because he begins his journey through life.
A glance of a naming ceremony
Of course, religious naming ceremonies take on different forms based on the faith of the cultures, customs and communities, but most of them have some popular features depending on the universal heritage. Holding a naming ceremony is also a way to show parents’ happiness about welcoming their kids. Normally, each ceremony is unique and tailored to suit people’s personal needs. Here is the basis of a naming ceremony:
A naming ceremony and its basis
- Choose the appropriate date and time for the ceremony
- Decide upon venue
- Confirm the celebrant (contact the celebrant who make us feel comfortable)
- Pay the certain deposit to the celebrant
- Collate the guests list
- Decide upon the invitations
- Send these invitations
- Pick out the naming ceremony’s style and format wisely
- Select some “Special People” to join in the ceremony
- Pick out the symbolic gesture for the ceremony
- Choose the music
- Select the meaningful poems, quotes and readings
- Write some special words or poems
- Pick out the decorations
- Choose the theme
- Decide what the baby will wear
- Decide upon the food and drink requirements
- Ask some volunteers for assistance on that day
- Invite the photographer or ask the friends to take photo
Are you curious to know more details about this article “A Naming Ceremony – Its Fascinating Mysteries and Secrets“? Please don’t mind filling your queries in the box here.