How to Deal with Toothache
Your toothache has been bugging you the whole night. Try one home relief remedy and go to your dentist in Chandler Arizona the soonest possible time.
Toothache can greatly change the way you function throughout the day. It seems that your entire body is in sharp pain that you find it difficult to even move. You can’t bite food that you will decide to just drink water or have cold or hot soup as your meal. You are at your home but there’s no way you can rest or watch television. Is it necessary to rush to your dentist in Chandler Arizona.
1. For minor toothaches, you can purchase painkiller drugs over the counter. It can offer you quick relief. However, you have to make sure that it is safe for you to take these medicines as these might result in you allergies.
2. When the pain is excruciating enough to keep you awake all night long and do not allow you to function all day, it can mean that you have abscessed tooth. There’s infection in the tooth’s root or between the tooth and the gum. It’s about time to visit your dentist in Chandler Arizona. If you encounter pain in the wee hours of the morning, you can take a pain-killer medicine. You just have to make sure that you don’t have any allergies with medication that you will take. If your tooth doctor accepts emergency calls, you are lucky because he can prescribe you the correct drugs.
3. Get a cold pack and bring it to the cheek area (right where the tooth is located inside). This should be sufficient to offer you comfort and ease. When you have no cold pack available at home, you can get a food storage bag and fill it up with ice then wrap it with a thin towel. Do not think that directly rubbing the afflicted tooth with ice will eliminate the pain. This will in fact increase it. Keep in mind that a swollen tooth is sensitive to hot or cold temperature. Hence, you are also recommended not to eat and drink too hot or too cold food and beverages.
4. Buy gel that is used to numb tooth and gum. It is enough to provide temporary relief. Follow directions written at the package.
5. Sometimes, you only need to clean your teeth completely to eliminate toothache. Food debris held in between your teeth may be the factor you are in pain. Brush and floss your teeth then rinse your mouth. Do this two times a day until the discomfort has disappeared.
6. Have a spoonful of salt and blend it with a glass of water (it can be lukewarm or warm). Swish it inside and around your mouth for several minutes then spit the mixture out. Do this two times. If you do not want the salt mixture, you may replace it with brandy , whiskey and the likes.
See your dentist in Chandler Arizona the soonest possible time. He can check what’s really triggering the toothache so he can make proper measures. He may prescribe you with prescription drugs or may advise one or two dental treatments.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
By Henry Tyler
Posted on October 15th, 2013