Truly, Biology discovers the structure, evolution and function of the diverse living systems. It concentrates on some of the most significant issues of our time including genetic engineering, obesity, cancer, stem cell research and effects of global warming. Major in Biology will prepare students for pursuing a career in teaching, research or the allied health sciences. Besides, it is also related to careers as diverse as public
Students and a professor with Biology major
health, environmental policy, law, textbook development and creative writing.
In general, students with Biology major will be offered a wide range of lecture courses which span the physiological, ecological and molecular levels of organization. In addition, students also finish the laboratory courses which aid them in learning how to design and test hypotheses, avail the modern scientific equipment as well as interpret data. As a result, students are able to learn the necessary scientific communication skills through some critiquing research articles, research papers and writing laboratory reports, and then join in the oral presentations and debates.
What are the learning goals for students with Biology major?
Of course, each country and university will have different learning goals for students with Biology major. Here are some basic learning goals for these students:
- Achieve a wide knowledge about biological systems, ranging from the physiological to ecological levels of organization.
- Get a better understanding of the evolutionary basis of biology as well as the dynamic and diversified nature of life.
Learning goals for students with Biology major
- Perceive the role and importance of experimentation in biology.
- Grasp the main methods of both experimental design and hypothesis test.
- Enhance some efficient presentation skills.
- Increase the ability to write the scientific paper.
- Know the statistical approaches to data’s analysis.
- Develop the skills in critically analyzing main literature.
What are the learning outcomes for students with Biology major?
- Demonstrate the appreciation of different forms in life on planet Earth.
- Possess the capability of discussing the biological phenomenon from various levels of organization.
- Get a better understanding of the basic physiological processes of organism.
- Demonstrate and understand the population level processes.
- Have ability to make an oral presentation on either the original research project or the published primary research paper.
- Be able to generate the testable hypothesis as well as increase and execute the controlled experimental design.
- Find it possible to write the original scientific paper or the review article.
If you want to discover more information about this article “The Biology Major“, please don’t mind sending us all your questions here.