How to Sell Your Gold Online
An increasingly popular of raising some extra money is by selling any old gold or jewellery you might have. Most people have old gold and jewellery gathering dust somewhere at home, so a good way to raise cash for those unexpected bills or treats is to try and get the best possible price for those items.
There are plenty of high street shops that will buy your old gold from you but what do you do if there are no shops near you or, even more likely, the local traders do not offer as good a price as the national companies? The answer is easy. Sell your gold online.
The usual procedure is to visit the companies website and request an information pack. This pack is sent by post and usually contains information on which items are acceptable, their likely value and, importantly, an addressed return envelope for you to send your items back to the company. On receipt, they should send you back a cheque for the value of the goods you sent them.
While usually this is a good way to sell your unwanted gold items, there have been pitfalls, particularly with companies paying well below the agreed price for goods. This can be avoided, and the best price gained for your goods by taking these simple steps. This will ensure that you are paid the true value of your goods.
* Before doing anything make sure the website has a contact number and full address
* Always ring the company to reassure yourself they are legitimate
* Make sure the website has an online gold calculator that you can use to get an idea of the value of your items
* Only deal with companies that send you a fully insured envelope to return your items
* Make sure that the company promises to send out a cheque immediately they receive your items
* The best gold buying companies offer an online tracking facility so you are always aware of just what stage your transaction is at
* Ensure that the price is guaranteed from the moment you request your pack and is not subject to change in between you sending your items and the company receiving them
By following these few simple rules, or rather safeguards, you can sell your gold online safely and securely whilst also receiving the best possible price.
Sell your gold online at the Gold Buying Centres They offer a complete and secure gold buying service. Visit their website and see how much your old gold is worth by using the Gold Buying Centres online Gold Calculator