Edexcel Government and Politics is used in school and colleges. It is a part of a group of GCE qualifications provided by Edexcel. Students of Edexcel Government and Politics will improve a critical awareness of the nature of politics as well as the relationship between political ideas, processes, and institutions. They will gain a thorough understanding of the structures of authority and its power within the UK’s political system and how these differ from other political systems.
The Edexcel Government and Politics specification has been launched to encourage interest and enthusiasm for the research in Government and Politics. It will also enable students to develop an insight into political beliefs and enhance their understanding of the modern world. The specification includes:
- a broad course that offers a structured groundwork of political knowledge to enhance skills for citizenship and further study
- a concentration of current politics and contemporary areas of constitutional concern, placing the UK in the context of the EU and the wider world
- the opportunity to specialize in different areas, giving students the chance to foster a deeper understanding of the subjects at a higher level
- the chance to involve in contemporary political debates
- assessment designed to assist student progression from AS (Advanced Subsidiary) to A2.
Edexcel has a wide selection of support services to help you carry out this qualification successfully.
- ResultsPlus – ResultsPlus is an application designed by Edexcel to assist teachers, students, and senior management teams by supplying the detailed analysis of examination performance. With only one click, you can generate reports that compare performance between classes, subjects, your center and similar centers. Some subjects also have Skills maps that show performance due to the specification topic being tested.
- Ask the Expert – In order to make it easier for their teachers to ask them subject specific questions, Edexcel have offered the Ask the Expert Service. This web query form allows students to ask any question about the delivery of teaching of Edexcel qualifications. Learners will get a personal response sent to their email address from one of Edexcel’s administrative or teaching experts.
Learning will flourish when students get an active interest in their education; or when they have all the necessary information to make the correct decisions about their futures. Thanks to the feedbacks from students and teachers, Edexcel developed a website for students to help them:
- access previous papers and mark schemes
- understand subject specifications
- aware of other students’ experiences at university
Edexcel committed to updating and improving their online services for students regularly. The most precious service they can provide is helping schools unlock the potential of their students.